Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
What can we offer you?
Grow and Achieve. Growth and development are part of our DNA. Experience from your first day our robust structures, quick decision making paths and corporate culture that encourages achievement based on trust.
Be as international as it gets by working with colleagues across different cultures and also get inspired and supported from senior colleagues and leaders.
As part of UL, Emergo is inviting applications from experienced, high caliber, European-based Medical Device specialists with the following attributes:
Education: Bachelor Degree required, preferably in area of life sciences, medical, or engineering
Experience: At least 5 years in a quality assurance or regulatory affairs role; previous consulting experience is an advantage.
Location: Although most positions will be home office based, candidates already based in the UK, Germany and/or northern Europe are preferred.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the qualifications and competency to support the following areas of medical device consulting in the role of:
Regulatory Affairs Consultant in Home-Office
Objective: To provide assistance to medical device manufacturing clients with developing regulatory strategies and obtaining premarket authorization for their products in key markets (primarily U.S., EU and Canada).
Required technical and behavioral competencies:
• Extensive knowledge of medical device regulatory requirements EU CE Marking per MDD/MDR and IVDD/IVDR and for US FDA.
• Hands-on experience with EU Technical Files and knowledge of CE Marking requirements; Clinical Evaluation Report writing a plus.
• Demonstrated experience with US 510(k) submissions, preferably with sole responsibility for completion.
• Experience with other regulatory documents/submissions (US: 513(g), Pre-Subs, IDE; Canada: Class II-IV MDLs; EU: CERs).
• German language skills (business fluency)
• Specific experience with software and/or IVD s will be considered a plus.
• Experience with Animal Tissue justifications and/ or products is an advantage
• Quality Assurance experience is a plus.
Range of Expected Activities:
• Research and advise on device classification and regulatory pathways and strategies.
• Prepare and submit regulatory premarket submissions (510(k), technical files, Canada MDLs); communicate specific requirements for effective submissions.
• Assist in addressing and responding to deficiencies of product submissions identified by regulatory bodies.
• Prepare meeting requests between clients and the FDA, and facilitate those meetings.
• Interact and negotiate directly with regulatory authorities and notified bodies on behalf of clients.
• Assist clients with other regulatory concerns, such as labeling, promotion, design change evaluation, etc.
• Author CERs to support CE marking.
• Review documentation and advise clients in developing more effective documentation, e.g., risk management, labeling, reports.
• Travel: 10% – 30%
Our work is challenging and diverse - we’re proud to be leading the way as a trusted advisor who fights for what’s right and will rise to any and every challenge to help our partners.
Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely.
UL is a place that offers big growth possibilities. We encourage pushing boundaries, active curiosity and asking the tough questions – both in your day-to-day and as you grow your career with us. We know we’ll get great results this way, and you’ll be happier too, which is a win-win in our book.
This is our every day. This is our normal.
What We Offer
Our employees are our most valued asset. Your personal and professional development is important to us, and you can expect challenging work responsibilities, an attractive compensation package and exceptional career opportunities across a highly motivated international team. More important than this are the great working conditions as part of a fantastic team. If you like what you have read, we are looking forward to receiving your application and discussing what you can bring to the UL team!
Look at what we can do together!
You’ve learned about us – now we would like to learn more about you. Apply now on-line as we are eager to soon be able to welcome you in the TEAM!
Your contact person is: Malgorzata.Krolak@ul.com