Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
What can we offer you?
Grow and Achieve. Growth and development are part of our DNA. Experience from your first day our robust structures, quick decision making paths and corporate culture that encourages achievement based on trust.
Be as international as it gets by working with colleagues across different cultures and also get inspired and supported from senior colleagues and leaders.
A competitive commensurate package of benefits, including flexible and mobile working hours, 30 days of annual holidays, or further trainings on GDPR, just to mention some of them… and for those who use their passion not only at work but also to help the surrounding communities, we give on top 2 free extra days a year for them to help the others…
As the Global HR Data Privacy Manager - GDPR, you will be responsible to assess current HR related processes, tools and activities to identify gaps related to the GDPR requirements and lead the implementation, monitoring and reviewing of all GDPR activities within the HR Function.
You will lead and manage the changes from the Data Protection Act to the General Data Protection Regulation, develop, implement and update policies, security, training and support future planning of GDPR needs. You will work with staff at all levels and cross country including IT, Legal, the enterprise GDPR team and the Business.
Accountability/ Key Tasks:
• Proactively work with the global, regional and local HR Team and the business to manage the transition and introduction of new Data Privacy legal and regulatory requirements
• Lead data protection initiatives to ensure adherence to EU Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) and adoption of the EU GDPR in relation to handling of HR data across the organization
• Lead the transformation within HR to ensure compliance with GDPR as part of the HR and UL GDPR team
• Cooperate with individuals within HR across the globe for the transformation, and coordinate GDPR activities and requests with local data privacy representatives by ensuring the regular HR information transfer in the enterprise software solution “OneTrust”.
• Champion data protection issues and concerns in Group Function HR, particularly in relation to GDPR. Build up awareness within HR and the Business of gathering, using, processing and storing personal data in compliance with GDPR regulations.
• Represent HR in the core GDPR team. Provide functional insight to the core team in the creation of remediation activities
• Manage the core GDPR remediation plans for HR. Challenge the core team to ensure the HR function is represented and the solutions proposed are appropriate
• Identify the business processes and systems that relate to personal data and are deemed in-scope for GDPR. Expedite the discovery phase within HR
• Review all sources of HR data, including existing candidate databases, to ensure GDPR compliance. Review Privacy Impact Assessments, Gap Analysis Assessments and risk mitigation actions
• Review HR policies, procedures, practices against GDPR requirements and contribute to the creation of privacy policies and data protection agreements in relation to HR
• Ensure appropriate control procedures required to ensure on-going compliance with data protection rules and regulations
• Ensure all new HR processes are created taking into account the business’s GDPR requirements and technical architecture. Support IS solutions to manage data privacy globally for UL to be compliant to GDPR
• Periodically monitor responses to HR privacy-related requests, and support creation of the GDPR operations team that will manage day-to-day data privacy changes and operate these new processes
• Collaborate with Legal for translating data protection laws into compliance obligations and help business partners identify compliance risks and associated mitigation activities
• Work with Audit and Risk, including presenting key risks and management action plans
• Ensure compliance with legislation, HR policies and compliance standards as well as adequate risk responses to related exposures in area of functional responsibility
• Masters or Bachelor’s degree education in a related discipline
• Minimum 7 years of working experience in Human Resources function
• Experience in data privacy and associated risk assessments in a global organization
• Sound IT knowledge and related HR Systems (Oracle), tools and applications
• Proven track record in change and project management
• Experience in working in a large and complex matrix organization with complex HR Information Technology setup
• Strong negotiation, influencing and communication skills
• Proven skills working across a global organization with dexterity
• Self-starter attitude, combined with a structured, goal-oriented approach to program management
• Ability to navigate a large global organization and successfully interface with all levels across the business by being a team player and strong in cooperation/ collaboration
• Fluent in English, other languages are an added advantage
• Flexibility to travel internationally as required
Look at what we can do together!
You’ve learned about us – now we would like to learn more about you. Apply now on-line as we are eager to soon be able to welcome you in the TEAM!
Your contact person is Sarah Au under 069-489810135 or: sarah.au(at)ul.com