Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
Currently we are looking for a Senior Project Engineer (Test and Certification Engineer, Fire Resistance) to join our team in Germany
Responsible things you get to do:
- Initiate communication with clients to promote and explain the benefits of new and existing services
- Communicate with clients to provide technical assistance in reference to complex product evaluation and/or inspection and follow-up services
- Follow up on contacts from clients, resolve technical issues and explain the Company procedures and requirements
- Determine project scope and specifications with substantial latitude for action or decision
- Recommend changes in procedures, design or equipment where necessary
- Plan, conduct and supervise projects of major magnitude and scope
- Determine areas in which the product is not in compliance with the Company requirements or of any changes in project scope or specifications, and notifies client
- Coordinate complex laboratory activities by developing data sheets
- Coordinate administrative aspects of project management
- Integrate continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job
- Develop internal requirements for testing products beyond the scope of existing standards, or those involving unique features requiring frequent use of independent judgment
- In conjunction with the Business Development Manager and Engineering Manager, develop technical and commercial initiatives relating to the building materials industry in Europe for products which are within competence; this includes aspects such as customer interaction, technical development, associated stakeholder interaction
We are looking for:
- Directly related work experience
- Detailed knowledge of the technical vocabulary common to the appropriate discipline
- Working knowledge of conformity standards in use in areas of expertise
- Demonstrated ability to apply project-handling concepts in use in areas of expertise, including application to complex, new, or unusual products
- Working knowledge of industry issues, needs, and problems
The role of a Senior Project Engineer (Test and Certification Engineer, Fire Resistance) with UL is for someone who:
- Wants to work for a global market leader in the certification industry, with recognized expertise in the testing, inspecting and certifying solutions
- Is comfortable with communication to the team
What can we offer you?
Experience from your first day our robust structures, quick decision making paths and corporate culture that encourages achievement based on trust, together with a lot of freedom to implement your own ideas
Be as international as it gets by working with colleagues across different cultures and also get inspired and supported from senior colleagues and leaders
Look at what we can do together!
You’ve learned about us – now we would like to learn more about you. Apply now on-line as we are eager to soon be able to welcome you in the TEAM!