Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
Interesting Work. The work that goes on inside UL is fueling the future in so many ways and we pride ourselves in the role we play in helping the innovations of tomorrow come to life. As we always have, we evolve to anticipate our customers’ needs, and will continue to enter new markets and develop innovative solutions, bringing exciting opportunities for our employees to explore. Our work challenges us to think differently, try fresh approaches and work together to ensure safe, secure and more sustainable living and working environments around the world. Every day is different for us here and as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers create, we are inspired to take on the challenge that will help transform how people live, work and play.
Growth and development are part of our DNA. Experience from your first day our robust structures, quick decision-making paths and corporate culture that encourages achievement based on trust. Be as international as it gets by working with colleagues across different cultures and also get inspired and supported from senior colleagues and leaders. Your growth will be supported with targeted development from UL University, an attractive and competitive compensation package as well as rewards and recognition programs, so that you can maximize your potential.
Join our Appliances/HVAC team and make the difference!
Business Development Manager (m/f)
Location: Germany – Frankfurt / M. or Home-Office
In this role you will be responsible to create and develop new services and Marketing initiatives to expand our Appliances/HVAC business in Europe with an initial focus on the DACH region. You will profit from your industry knowledge and develop sustained relationships with external stakeholders.
- Develops strategy for the Appliances/HVAC industry based on Market research and competitive intelligence in collaboration with the Global Business Development Team
- Builds up and maintains relationship with industry associations.
- Pursues growth opportunities (organic & inorganic) for the industry in the region and manages a healthy new offering development pipeline aligned with the global industry strategy, in collaboration with Sales and Operations
- Develops, manages and grows a full portfolio of services with profitable business growth and customer satisfaction as the goal for the industry in the region
- Leads Marketing and Pricing strategy for said industry in the region aligned with global industry strategy
- Identifies proper communication tools needed to reach targeted audience
- Creates long-term value for UL from customers, markets and relationships.
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of the Appliances/HVAC industry business
- Knowledge of Safety and Energy related regulations in EMEA region with focus on Germany
- Knowledge of Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC) industry is preferred
- Proven ability to systematically manage strategy and market orientation by translating customer and industry needs into new services
- Capability to acquire, negotiate with, and manage high-value customer accounts, with a proven track record of selling “at the highest level”, with a compelling value-added approach
- Strong disposition towards relationship development, experience with important industry associations is desired
- University Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or a technical background with related commercial experience
- Good communication skills and fluent / advanced (at least C1) German and English language abilities. Any other European language is a plus.
Look at what we can do together!
You’ve learned about us – now we would like to learn more about you. Apply now on-line or send your application alternatively to Christina.Kopp(at)ul.com as we are eager to soon be able to welcome you in the TEAM!
You can reach your contact person Christina Kopp under 069-489810246