Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
What can we offer you?
Grow and Achieve. Growth and development are part of our DNA. Experience from your first day our robust structures, quick decision making paths and corporate culture that encourages achievement based on trust.
Be as international as it gets by working with colleagues across different cultures and also get inspired and supported from senior colleagues and leaders.
A competitive commensurate package of benefits, including flexible and mobile 38.5 working hours a week, 30 days of annual holidays, or company pension scheme, just to mention some of them… and for those who use their passion not only at work but also to help the surrounding communities, we give on top 2 free extra days a year for them to help the others…
Business Development Manager Europe (m/f)
to be located at our office in the Greater Area of Köln/Krefeld with Home-Office possibilities
In this role you will lead the Performance Materials Division’s efforts in strategic growth initiatives. Position works on both strategic and tactical levels with cross function team to identify programs and new initiatives that will deliver repeatable and sustainable growth for the business. Strong emphasis on developing in the composites, automotive and aerospace industries on a global basis.
Responsible things you get to do:
• Understanding of the market conditions and end use drivers in the polymer and advanced materials market segment. The understanding includes regulatory requirements, related technologies and needs of customers.
• Identifying opportunities to better serve markets, customers and grow business.
• Creating business plan and go-to-market plan to capture the opportunities, and mobilizes internal resources to launch and ramp up new services to meet execution plan.
• Representing Performance Materials Division in related industry associations and trade associations to collect market intelligence
• Exploring new geographic markets by conducting environmental scanning and supporting decision making of whether UL should enter into the new markets and how to enter.
• Motivating and training sales resources to make them more focused on composite materials, specifically from automotive and aerospace
• Providing management with short-term forecast for current year, and participating in the yearly budgeting exercise
We are looking for:
• Technical degree holder with at least 5 years of commercial and product development experience in the polymer materials or advanced materials industry; composite materials experience would be a plus.
• Be able to interact with top executives of key customers and gain their trust
• Have a broad knowledge of performance materials products, their trends and their demand drivers.
• Automotive, Wind and/or Aerospace industry experience is a plus
• Fluent / advanced (at least C1) German and English language abilities
• Flexible to travel up to 30% local and international
Look at what we can do together!
You’ve learned about us – now we would like to learn more about you. Apply now on-line as we are eager to soon be able to welcome you in the TEAM!
Your contact person is Rodin Dragoescu under 069-489810285 or: rodin.dragoescu(at)ul.com