Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
What can we offer you?
Grow and Achieve. Growth and development are part of our DNA. Experience from your first day our robust structures, quick decision making paths and corporate culture that encourages achievement based on trust.
Be as international as it gets by working with colleagues across different cultures and also get inspired and supported from senior colleagues and leaders.
A competitive commensurate package of benefits, including flexible and mobile 38.5 working hours a week, 30 days of annual holidays, or company pension scheme, just to mention some of them… and for those who use their passion not only at work but also to help the surrounding communities, we give on top 2 free extra days a year for them to help the others…
(Junior) Cyber Security Specialist
Location: one of our offices in Frankfurt, München, Hamburg, Berlin with Home-Office options
Do you have experience with product-embedded software? We're leading the way in establishing cyber safety and are looking to hire passionate teckies to join this exciting new division within our organization!
At #CyberUL you are a highly technical penetration tester or ethical hacker with a software development background and domain experience in embedded product and software testing.
You provide instant credibility to UL’s cybersecurity services in external and internal forums and will be the principal expert on UL’s cybersecurity assurance program and related services. These programs affect people, processes and technology, they impact our future.
Challenging things you get to do:
• To demonstrate a deep interest in learning new technology platforms for security testing, and forensics.
• To keep abreast on latest security news/trends.
• To conduct security tests using automated tools, ad-hoc tools and manual testing
• To conduct penetration testing against different technological domains including, but not limited to, web products, hardware products, wireless products, software, cloud based software, smart device applications.
• To assess and calculate risk based on vulnerabilities and exposures discovered during testing.
• To create required information security documentation, technical reports and formal papers on test findings, and complete requests in accordance with requirements.
• To handle and complete customer projects to the defined requirements in the timeframe required by customer with the highest quality and integrity of work.
• To meet and exceed customer’s expectations with projects and other related tests and activities.
We are looking for:
• University Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
• More than 2 years’ experience in cybersecurity, software development, or ethical hacking to identify weaknesses and flaws.
• Hands-on experience with commercial, open source and free security solutions such as AppScan, Fortify, Maltego. Kali Linux, Nessus, OpenVAS, Qualys, Core Impact Pro, MetaSploit, nmap, nessus, ettercap, static source code analysis tools, fuzzing tools, dynamic binary testing tools
• Experience scripting in one or more of the following languages: sh, csh, perl, python, awk, ruby and programming experience in C, C++, Java
• Security related certifications a plus: CISSP, CISA, CEH, GIAC
• Some expertise in testing in two or more of the following domains: Embedded software, embedded security, industrial control systems / SCADA, medical devices, telecom and networking equipment.
Look at what we can do together!
You’ve learned about us – now we would like to learn more about you. Apply now on-line or send your application to rodin.dragoescu(at)ul.com as we are eager to soon be able to welcome you in the TEAM!
For more information please contact Rodin Dragoescu under 069-489810285.