Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
What can we offer you?
Grow and Achieve. Growth and development are part of our DNA. Experience from your first day our robust structures, quick decision making paths and corporate culture that encourages achievement based on trust.
Be as international as it gets by working with colleagues across different cultures and also get inspired and supported from senior colleagues and leaders.
A competitive commensurate package of benefits, including flexible and mobile 38.5 working hours a week, 30 days of annual holidays or company pension scheme, just to mention some of them. And for those who use their passion not only at work but also to help the surrounding communities, we give on top 2 free extra days a year for them to help the others through volunteer work.
For our Energy and Power Technologies Unit we are looking for a
Senior Project Engineer for the Segment Factory Controls (m/f)
Location: Frankfurt area
Under supervision for the first months, the Senior Project Engineer Factory Controls independently manages execution and timely completion of engineering projects in multiple industrial product categories by analyzing project scope and determining project specifications, establishing test programs for complex product investigations and preparing reports for clients. He/she develops UL requirements, test methods, and test equipment for complex, new or unusual products.
- Independently determine project scope, develop a preliminary plan of investigation and establish project specifications (cost, time, and sample requirements) by analyzing client input, available supplemental data, and product construction for industrial control panels and/or industrial machinery
- Initiate communication with clients to promote and explain the benefits of new and existing UL services
- Communicate with clients to discuss technical issues, explain UL procedures and requirements and provide technical assistance in reference to product inspection and follow-up services; conduct client trainings for industrial control panels and machinery
- Establish appropriate test programs by reviewing files and manufacturer's information, examining samples, and applying UL requirements; determine areas in which the product is not in compliance with UL requirements
- Coordinate administrative aspects of project management and serves as Project Handler of record and signs as Reviewer of record as assigned
- Integrate continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job
- Resolve complex engineering issues associated with Variation Notices by analyzing and reporting on the acceptability of the variations
- Develop UL requirements for testing products beyond the scope of existing standards or those involving unique features requiring frequent use of independent judgment. Develops special test methods and test equipment. Coordinates and/or performs File Reviews
- Train office-, field-, and/or laboratory staff and entry level engineers; direct and review work of assigned staff
- Provide technical assistance in several product categories, operations or systems to laboratory and/or field staff
- May represent UL on technical committees and/or industry-related functions such as seminars and trade shows
- May provide direction as a Primary Designated Engineer or Designated Engineer for specific product categories
What we are looking for:
University Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Industrial Technology, Manufacturing Technology or Physics plus 8 years directly related work experience
Detailed knowledge of the technical vocabulary common to the appropriate discipline
Working knowledge of conformity standards in use in areas of expertise
Demonstrated ability to apply project-handling concepts in areas of expertise, including their specific application to complex, new or unusual products
Working knowledge of industry issues, needs, and problems
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in both English and German
- Willingness to travel up to 25%-40%
Look at what we can do together!
You’ve learned about us – now we would like to learn more about you. Apply now on-line or send your application to sorina.berg(at)ul.com as we are eager to soon be able to welcome you in the TEAM!
For more information please contact Sorina Berg under 069-489810196.